Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Surgery #2 date set

I woke up this morning full of emotions. Last night I learned that a girl who I had been seeing on the young cancer board, who I have been following her journey had passed yesterday. It hit me on so many levels, she is a stranger to me really, but yet again I have been seeing her posts, reading her blog learning from her and admiring her amazing outlook on life. She is superwomen really, and lived life to the fullest. So to see that she had passed so abruptly, makes me take a step back all while needing some time alone.

So today I am reminded yet again that we have no idea what our future holds. We can get into a horrible accident this afternoon. Life is precious, life is valuable and I do not want to take it for granted. I want to be alive, I want to live, I want to experience all that I am supposed to experience. Even in her death so is remembered for living her best!

Yesterday I was told that my plastic surgeon I saw two weeks ago no longer works for Kaiser. I was told yesterday that I would need to get a new consult with a plastic surgeon, it could put off my surgery for a few weeks.

Today however, I got a phone call from my general surgeon, he has the chief of plastic surgeon all lined up to do my surgery next Wednesday. Wow... that was a huge relief! So it is set, I will be going in for a bilateral mastectomy next Wed. April 29th, with immediate reconstruction done by the Chief of plastic surgery. So the next phase begins next week, the healing and rebuilding of my body. I will be in the hospital overnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment